You can take specific steps to make your home more attractive to buyers. Cleaning up your yard, decluttering your house, and making sure everything is in good repair are some easy ways to get started.
Tips for the Exterior of Your Home
One of the first things you’ll want to do is clean up your yard. If you have any plants, trim them and make sure they’re watered. You’ll also want to remove any debris or other objects that aren’t necessary for your garden. Clutter detracts from curb appeal and makes it more difficult for buyers to see the home’s true beauty.
- Keep your yard clean and clear of debris
- Trim overgrown shrubs and bushes
- Repair any cracked or peeling paint on the exterior
- Inspect the roof for any possible leaks
- Inspect gutters for clogging, tree droppings, and debris
- Inspect the exterior of the house for leaking windows, missing screens, cracks in siding, etc.
This is a great time to check out your roof and siding as well. Make sure there are no significant cracks in the siding and that all the gutters are clear of leaves and other debris. Lastly, give attention to your sidewalks, driveway, and other areas outside of the home. Ensure they’re free from cracks or substances that can harm people who walk on them.
Tips for the Interior of Your Home
As you’re preparing your house for potential buyers, you’ll want to make sure the inside is in good condition too. When you paint the walls, vacuum the floors, and clean out closets, it’s an opportunity to take a step back and assess what needs to be done.
Keeping the inside of your home clean and clutter-free is one of the most important things you can do to make your home more attractive to buyers. If you need help getting started with a decluttering project, here are some excellent options:
- Declutter any rooms with furniture and keep only what you need in each room. Your goal is to make your home look spacious and inviting.
- Trim or remove any unhealthy plants from around your house.
- Consider removing any clutter from low-traffic areas of your home like hallways and garages (and remember to hide away all of your mess).
- Paint any bare walls if necessary.
- Remove all personal items from kitchen counters, tables, shelves, etc., and replace them with neutral tones that don’t clash with the interior design style of the room.
- Replace old light fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens if they’re giving off a dated feel.
- Change out outdated light bulbs in lamps throughout the house for something brighter and more modern.
Get a Cash Offer for Your Northern Nevada Home from Sierra Housing Solutions!
It’s never too late to turn your home into a valuable asset. With Sierra Housing Solutions, we will provide you with a cash offer for your Northern Nevada home without the need to make your home more attractive; we buy as is!
See why so many homeowners across Nevada trust Sierra Housing Solutions. Don’t wait; call today for an estimate of your property value!